Holy Rosary Church Luggacurren is part of the Slievemargy mountain range. It had its present Church built in 1823 on a site given by Lord Landsdowne. It includes the old parish areas of Clopook and Teclom. The Curates residence followed some years later on a site also given by Lord Landsdowne. This was a reward to Father Cummins for establishing peace in the area following attacks by the Whiteboys and some agrarian strife. A school was opened in Luggacurren by a Mr. James Farrell in 1822 and it was well attended. In the 1830’s it is estimated that there were over 3,000 Roman Catholics in this area – now there are some hundreds.
Mass Times: Sat: 7.30pm Tues – Fri: 10am